Especially after a weekend of who-knows-what...
It is the perfect quick & easy week-night meal
that is great for any season full of healthy greens,
fresh ingredients, low fat meat and
gluten free polenta.
Polenta Caprese with Chicken Sausage
chicken sausage (I used tomato basil)
fresh mozzarella, pre-sliced (makes life so easy!)
fresh tomatoes, sliced
1. Preheat grill pan
2. Slice polenta into 1/2" thick slices,
sprinkle with salt, pepper & olive oil. Add to grill pan.
3. Add sausage to grill pan.
4. Polenta will be ready to flip when it doesn't
stick to the pan.
5. Chiffonade basil. (or leave leaves whole...)
6. Assemble on the plate:
Make a bed of spinach, top with polenta, cheese, tomato.
7. Sprinkle basil on top, finishing with
salt, pepper and a splash of balsamic vinegar.
8. Serve with sausage.
Enjoy!! Have a great weekend, everyone.